Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28,2014

Good Thursday to everyone, hope all are well!  Just saw a lovely sweet lil story at the movies called, "If I stay".  If you lost anyone, it might be nice to see it or too hard. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMzHm_m4QF0

That movie reminded me of an experience I had yrs ago.  I was doing hospital ministry for the church I was attending at the time.  I had gone on first visit to Southern Hills Hospital in the southwest corner of Vegas.  I was with the Deacon at the time and one stop was to a patient in the ICU ward.  This was an elderly lady, unconscious, and on oxygen.  We prayed over her as she lay there, but I knew her time had come as upon  our entering the room, I was immediately drawn to look up to the ceiling.  I felt a very strong pull there, a presence looking down on her.  I do not know if it was her spirit or loved ones or angels, but definitely a presence.  Now I have for yrs had an strong sense, and these strong senses of mine usually get confirmed later and this one has. The sense is that the Lord sends someone/s to us at our time, who will make the transition easier for us.  Could be a spouse, child, parent, ancestor, angel etc. 
So let go the anchors to this world, believe and do not fear.

A few topics to talk about today, after opening to Matthew this morning. 
First is this passage:  Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter into the kingdom of Heaven.  Whoever humbles their self like this child, they are the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven......Matthew 18:3-4

Here we have our Lord telling us, not to behave as children but to be as children, childlike.  To be as a child is to be pure in heart, humble, innocent, free of pain, jealousy, envy, possessions, obsessions, anger, guilt, bitterness, to have forgiven all trespassers, no anger, no hate, no prejudice.  One cannot take those across the Veil to the Light.  I  spoke of this before, and here He is telling us.  These things are like a ball and chain, an anchor that holds back between this realm and the Heavenly realm.  So please work on becoming that child.

For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the man by whom the temptation comes!  And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.....Matthew 18:7-8

Here we have two things spoken of.  First, he who caused you to sin, tempts you to sin.  This is twofold; the person or persons that lead you to sin and the Devil.  The second thing is if something, some part of you causes you to sin or is leading you down a dark path, remove it or them from your life.  This may be a place you are in, an activity you are involved in, a lifestyle, a friend, family member, relative, job, co-worker, boss etc.  Remove them from or yourself from them or it.  Better to struggle for awhile as a result of removal than to be dragged down that spiral into the depths of darkness.  I talk to many people over the last yrs, and many are in situations of various types, that are doing just that, leading them downwards.  I tell them and you, cut that arm off!  He will take care of you!  I had this many times in my life, the last being to retire or not, after He said He wanted me out.  I prayed on it and next day was answered when I opened Bible directly to Psalm 84.  Reading thru it these lines leapt from the page and seared into my brain......I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of My GOD than dwell in the tents of  wickedness.  For the Lord is a sun and a shield; He bestows favor and honor.  No good thing does the Lord withhold from those who walk uprightly.  O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man who TRUSTS in thee......Psalm 84:10-12

Next passage:  Peter is asking Jesus how many times shall he forgive his brother for trespassing against him and Jesus replies.....I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.....Matthew 18:22
It is not enough to forgive only once but always and to forgive to the deepest well of your being, not merely lip service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMzHm_m4QF0

He elaborates more on that later when He tells the parable of the servant who screwed up badly in the Masters eyes and he begged and pleaded for forgiveness and it was granted him.  Then he proceeded to go to someone under him and demand money and the person begged and pleaded as the servant had done, yet that servant who had received mercy would not grant it and threw the man in jail.  Once others told the Master of this, he was outraged and summoned the servant and told him you had begged for and received mercy and yet could not give it.  For this he was thrown in jail.

So also My heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.......Matthew 18:35

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of GOD gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.....Revelation 21:23

 

GOD Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment