Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 26, 2014

Good Tuesday everyone!  Hope all are well today and those who are not, I pray your troubles will be lifted quickly. 






Today only couple quick topics, then I will share another hiking spiritual experience.

Be strong in the strength of the Lord and in the strength of His might.  Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  ....Ephesians 6:10-11

Focus on GOD, make Him priority one in your life.  Continually seek Him during day and when in trouble and the more you do the more He will armor you.  However, you need to open heart n mind and rid your self of the ugliness, negativity, pain etc that is inside or else you will be armored over it. 

Therefore take the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all. to stand.......Ephesians 6:13

And I am sure that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.... Philippians 1:6

Next, I want to say that personally, it is my preference to return asap to the Lord.  To leave this world.  Some say that is very negative, but it is not at all.  There is nothing more positive than to want to be with Him in the Light. 

For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  If it is to be life in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me.  I am hard pressed between the two.  My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.  But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.  Convinced of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith, so that in me you may have ample cause to glory in Christ Jesus........Philippians  1:21-26


Ok now for my last hiking spiritual experience, well they are all very spiritual, but some very unique.
I had turned 50 and was determined to hike Mt. Charleston, having never done so.  It was my goal, my desire to do so having broken the half-century mark and being handicapped with neuromuscular disease, to prove I could do it. 
So I decided on the north loop, leading out of the village up to the spring then across to the peak.  It was a longer, more gradual route, 9 miles each way.  I decided to go up that route then return the other faster descent.
Well the first part of the climb up tot the spring was grueling, as my body adjusted to the heights and thinner air.  It was fortunately very windy, so kept me cooler.  At some point I realized, as I struggled to catch my breath, why am I doing all the work.  So I faced the wind and gulped in the air and revived quicker, duh me!    As I was climbing that part, I could hear the most beautiful angelic music and singing.  Clearly not coming from the village.  It was amazing. 
Well I continued on the long trek, pausing as needed for rest and nourishment, soaking in the incredible views on both sides of the range.  The west side into Pahrump valley, the lake far off, the north mtns and the south.  Even passed some snow patches in mid summer.  Hey I thought, save on water so I gobbled down some snow.  Hey anyone who grew up in the snow areas of the country know about eating snow.  I hiked Red Rock once, 11miles on only juicy fruit gum and snow. 
So I got up tot the outcrop with the campsite and looked out upon amazing view.  The wind was blowing a constant 25-30 miles an hr now.  I rested and ate then set out onto the Cliffside trail onto the peak.  The peak is all slate or shale like rock, loose, with only a goat path to the top. 
I set out onto it and got to a point where it was very hard to see trail and the rocks were very loose.  I stopped a lil panicked lol, thinking ok where did the trail go.  I know others had come down that way or passed me going up and not returned.  So I hunkered down, trying not to slide off the mtn top, turning to see that the trail at reversed itself and zigzagged up tot he peak, about another 100 ft.
or so. 
I crept back to the trail and sat down to regroup and catch my breath and relax my burning legs.  I said to the Lord, ok Lord, I really want to do this, but if you do not want me to then let me know and I will go straight back the way I came, just short of my goal.  So I waited as I caught my breath and rested.  Then I was ready, having not got a reply to prayer, and stood up, the wind buffeting me, the edge of mtn so close.  I turned and took two steps and tripped.  Now I had not ttripped the whole 9 miles up, with rocks, wind, trees, and right after that prayer I tripped.  I tripped straight forward, if to my right a few inches, bye bye Timmy.  Or I could, as is usual, turned my very weak ankles and fallen to the side, again bye bye Timmy.  But I tripped to the front.  Immediately I realized His answer.  So I said ok Lord as you wish and came back down the way I came just short of MY goal, My will.  I came down, bruising and breaking toes on the way.  I was reminded of Abraham and when GOD told Him to kill his son.  How we obeyed GOD, His will over His and was so close to killing his son then GOD stopped him.  He had tested his faith and obedience in his Lord GOD.  He accepted His will not his own. 
GOD does thing at times to test your faith and obedience to His will.  As you grow in the Light you will see and understand the tests.  Let His will be done!


No comments:

Post a Comment