Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8, 2014

Good Wednesday to everyone, hope all are well this day.  Today I opened to Luke, pages I have read many a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMfs1rlw4tc

Starting with Jesus healing a blind man.  Receive your sight; your faith has made you well...Luke 18:42

Let your faith and trust in Him heal your blindness.  It is hard to be patient and trust in Him to heal us and help us, trust me I know.  I am not a patient person myself.  Recall one of the old sayings, good things come to those who wait?  I have found most of those old quotations to be very true.

Then the writer of Luke tells us about the parable Jesus told about the nobleman who went away to receive kingly power then return.  So he called ten of his servants to him...
Calling ten of his servants, he gave them each ten pounds, and said to them, "Trade with these til I come.....Luke 19:13

Upon his return he called the first servant to see what he profited..

Lord, your pound has made ten pounds more.  Well done, good servant!  Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.  And the second servant came saying, Lord, your pound has made five pounds more.  And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities."  Then another came, saying, " Lord, here is your pound, which I kept laid away in a napkin; for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man; you take up what you did not lay down, and reap what you did not sow."  He said to him, "I will condemn you out of your own mouth, you wicked servant!  You knew that I was a severe man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow?  Why then did you not put my money into the bank, and at my coming I should have collected it with interest?"   And he said to those around him, "Take  the pound from him, and give it to him who has the ten pounds....Luke 19:16-24
Jesus replied...
     I tell you, that to every one who has will more be given; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away....Luke 19:26

Point of the story....  Jesus is telling us that we are each given much from GOD, and not to sit on it but to build it up, multiply the gift of knowledge, wisdom, understanding, light, love.  For those who more of it, more shall be given, for those who did not work much on multiplying it, less will be given, to those who did nothing, but spent their time on things of this world, all that they have shall be taken from them.


In Luke 20 He tells us of when the Pharisees asked Him by what authority He did the things He does, Jesus replied...
Was the baptism of John from Heaven or from men?....Luke 20:4
Well at a quandary as to how to answer, if they said of man then the people would stone them, as the people believed John a prophet; if they said from Heaven then Jesus would ask why they did not believe it.  So they just up and said they did not know.
So Jesus simply said....Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things...Luke 20:8
GOD is spirit, therefore things of GOD are of spirit, baptism being one.  We all have the authority to baptize in His name.  Yet we all take our baby to a church for those who baptize, and of course there is a fee, least in most cases.  Now this begs the question, Why is there a fee for something given freely of GOD?  This ties into the statement by Jesus...Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but give unto GOD what is GOD's.


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever...Hebrews 13:8

Sarah Young message October 8

I love you with and everlasting Love.  The human mind cannot comprehend My constancy.  Your emotions flicker and falter in the face of varying circumstances, and you tend to project your fickle feelings onto Me.  Thus, you do not benefit fully from My unfailing Love.  
You need to look beyond the flux of circumstances and discover Me gazing lovingly back at you.  The awareness of My Presence strengthens you, as you receive and respond to My Love.  I am the same yesterday, today and forever!  Let My Love flow into you continually.  Your need for Me is as constant as the outflow of My Love for you.


GOD Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment