Good Monday to all, may the Lord bless you and your's.
Good points talked about in church yesterday, some things I have spoken of here before and to many others. It was good to see the pastor speak truth.
Point one....keeping the Lord as our main focus, the number one priority in our lives. When we make other people or other things a first focus then the Lord will start to remove His blessings from us. It is like our parents tweaking or ears or slapping us on side of head, when blessings are removed, to get our attention and hopefully get us back in line.
Point two....Trust in the Lord! At times in our lives we have to take a leap of faith and trust that He will aid us and guide us. When there is something that is seeming overwhelming ahead in our lives and we think no way can I do that, we have to make the jump and know He will transform us and our surroundings if need be, to enable us to do that which He wanted us to do. This was certainly true for me with my retiring, Now for this new year, again I will need to make a giant leap of faith to follow the path He has ahead for me soon.
Point three....Only the Lord has a say in who He chooses to speak for Him, to do a certain thing for Him, to be His messengers. Who are we to say. Has He, does He or will He choose someone prominent in government, or riches, or in a particular religion. Possibly? Yes. Probably? No.
If He went into the cell of Charles Manson and said Charles, I am healing you of all evil and making you my messenger to the people, or raises Osama or Hitler and makes them His messenger, or chooses someone poor and destitute on a street corner, who are we to say.
Example of this is in the Bible in the Book of Ezra..... In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the Word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the Lord STIRRED UP THE SPIRIT OF CYRUS KING OF PERSIA SO THAT HE MADE A PROCLAMATION THROUGHOUT ALL HIS KINGDOM: "Thus says Cyrus king of Persia: The Lord, GOD of Heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and He has charged me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah.....Ezra 1:1-2
Here the Lord, our GOD, moved the heart of an enemy of Israel, one who defeated, captured and exiled to Persia, to decide to return many of the Israelites to Jerusalem to rebuild the House of the Lord.
Only the Lord has right to choose who He wants for anything.
Two things you can do to help you in tough times.. Start saying "help me Jesus, help me Jesus" when you are feeling tempted or overwhelmed, or in need of consolation or healing. Also, start saying, "I trust you Jesus" in any situation. Especially in difficult times. Make it a habit as it enables you, over time, to see things from His perspective, through His Light and thus fear loses it's grip on you. Remember, fear is one of the darkness' greatest weapons. This is something I too have to work on. I am certainly not immune to it. As I said many times before, the more we grow in the Light, the more darkness seeks to derail us......... Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there: if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast...Psalm 139:7-10
You can have a victorious life by living in deep dependence on the Lord. By failing and weakness, you learn to depend on Him. Come to the Lord with and open mind and heart and He will put His desires for you within your heart. It may be a dream or goal that seems impossible to attain. By yourself you know you cannot do it. This is when you learn to rely on Him, that leap of faith, one day at a time. It is fraught with failures and success. Each failure followed by multiple successes. Sometimes we have to take a step backwards to go two steps forward. Trusting in the Lord's guidance more and more. A very scary thing, yet easy thing to do. Trust me, you are not alone in this, as I as well have to do the same thing. Think of the alternative tho! Trust in the Lord or wallow in unhappiness and the quagmire of darkness that seeks to pull you down.
Update: I was able to send the three family members of Hetaya into the Light. One was her brother from her previous life and two other family members. With the help of a friend, I convinced them to make the choice. It is a choice, for I can not force them either way. Praise the Lord!
GOD Bless!
Awesome! I'm glad they went to the Light!
ReplyDeleteyes as my last message on christmas said they would.
ReplyDelete