a place for enjoying, learning and sharing of spiritual experiences, affirmations, and viewpoints in respectful manner please.
Sunday, August 27, 2017
August 27, 2017 #2 Message from victim of Hurricane Harvey
#1046
8-27-2017
There I was on my own
Leaving with others I could not condone
My home, my life was all I had
I thought to myself it would not be so bad
Mother and father gone some time
Now I find myself talking in rhyme
Was I there ever at all
Or just awoke as rain did fall
Can I go to a place to rest
Or is this some sort of test
Why can't I seem to find my way
Don't want to go yet can't seem to stay
What I had is all gone away
I think that I'll just stop and pray
Why this numbness, burdensome weight
Someone passed by saying, "Now a clean slate"
Am I in Heaven or hopelessly lost
Getting here seems too high a cost
Wandering now, so many others
Like thousands of lost with no mothers
Orphans all, confused and dismayed
Why did I not leave, should not have stayed
Something happening up ahead
I think I am amongst walking dead
Doorway of light calling my name
Drawn to it like a moth to a flame
Got to go now, I feel its pull
I always was stubborn as a mule
Foolish ways I led in life
Little wonder I had no wife
For this I suffered as was my fate
Must go now before its too late
Love one another, I seem need to say
For you never know what is your last day...
GOD BLESS! JESUS IS MARVELOUS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment